Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oops

I went to school as usual yesterday. Around 11am I got a text from my boyfriend saying he was going to be working from home because he slept through his alarm. I immediately begged him to come pick me up from school in a few hours after my last class because it would save me from waiting around for over an hour until the bus arrived. He agreed and came for me a bit later. We drove home, made a quick stop at the grocery store and spent the rest of the night at home. UNTIL...at about 11pm, just before I was going to sleep, it hit me. My car was still parked at my bus stop! I don't solely rely on a bus to get from my home to school, I drive my car about 3 or 4 minutes to the bus stop in the tiny town of Irwin, across Rt. 30 from where I live. So yes, I had forgotten all about it and surely would have been out of luck in the morning when I went to drive to the bus stop once again and my car was not outside our apartment. Reluctant to get up and go get it that late, I had to get up early with my boyfriend the next morning so he could drop me off for the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment