Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cell Phones

Msnbc.com did this article last week on regulating cell phone use by bus drivers and truck drivers. I know I've been on a bus where the driver is on their cell phone and it does make me a bit nervous, especially when their driving usually makes me nervous without a cell phone distracting them. I've even seen school bus drivers chatting away on their cells while kids fill the seats behind them. It just doesn't seem like a good idea. In fact, talking on your cell phone as a passenger isn't a good idea either because you're in pretty close quarters and no one wants to hear your business, and it's always the most inappropriate business that fellow riders are shouting into their phones while the people next to them pretend not to notice.

Unless it's really important and can't wait, just stay off the phone on the bus--drivers and passengers alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment